Saturday, September 25, 2010

Craft changed my life


Craft is the best therapy I know! Whenever I feel sad or lack motivation I just pick up my knitting or my sketchpad. I have also discovered the joys of power tools which have allowed me to make wooden jigsaw puzzles & have aided me in making handmade shoes.
I love gadgets & I bought myself a badge maker which I used to make the badge pictured on the left.
I designed this jigsaw myself however I have also found some great jigsaw puzzle blueprints in 1970's craft books. 1960's & 1970's craft books are easy to buy on eBay & in thrift stores. Old craft books may seem daggy at first glance but a lot of them contain some great techniques that with a bit of thought you can use for your own contemporary art & craft projects

Stay tuned for my next update! over future posts I'll be discussing mosaics, garden art, knitting, shoe making & many many other inventive crafts!
Cheers Illy

No comments:

Post a Comment