Friday, October 1, 2010

Garden Craft

My Garden is a total suburban jungle, which I am told is whats known as a cottage garden. I think when I began encouraging the weeds to grow & the geraniums to go feral is when my cottage garden tipped over the line into jungle. The fabulous elephant is handmade in thailand & I got him at a bargain price because he has a broken foot.

This is my front gate. I have decorated it with a strip of knitted nylon yarn


The art of randomly decorating the everyday environment with knitting or crochet is commonly known as YARN BOMBING.

I like to fill the garden with little treasures like teapots with missing lids, old bottles & mosaics


I decorated these bricks myself. I did the mosaic design on these ornamental pavers utilizing broken plates. I had a lot of fun smashing plates. These were fun & easy to make. Make sure you wear goggles or safety glasses whilst smashing plates & have some band aids on hand just in case.
Happy crafting Illy

No comments:

Post a Comment